Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Color Me Happy!

If you are anything like me, you love to receive artwork from a child.  It makes me happy even if the art isn't from my own kid.  I especially cherish those drawings with colors extending just outside those thick black lines and the misspelled words that are scribbled carefully written in the margins or backwards across the page.  I often take photos of the art created by our daughters and upload them onto my computer.  I have arranged these pictures in photo books that I have ordered through SnapfishWhen our troop started meeting, we quickly discovered that most girls in Kindergarten and first grade LOVE to color!   We decided to put that interest to good use. 

Whenever we had a little extra time at the end of a meeting, the girls worked on coloring sheets that were eventually mailed to Color A Smile.  Our troop sent the coloring sheets to this organization who distributes the pictures to lonely senior citizens in the hopes of brightening their day.  This is a fun service project for the girls and easy for the leaders.  Check out the link above to print out coloring sheets for every occasion.  I made sure to have enough on hand for each meeting.  Just to give some perspective, we spent $2.30 to send 45 coloring sheets this year.  Last year we spent $2.08 in postage to send 32 coloring sheets.  This project not only served as a troop service project, but the girls earned the SPRING GREEN petal (considerate and caring). 

No comments:

Post a Comment