As usual, we took a break from troop meetings and activities over the summer. Three of the girls from our troop attended a Girl Scout Summer Resident Camp together. Despite some strong storms, it sounds like they had a blast during their week at camp!
As families geared up for the return to school, I touched base with troop members. I learned a lot had changed for some of our girls between June and August. One family moved to a nearby town, another girl was losing interest in Girl Scouts, and many of the girls planned to participate in other extracurricular activities which placed a greater demand on their time. Some changes needed to be made to retain our membership. Instead of meeting twice a month as we have in the past, we are going to have one activity a month this year. Most of these activities are going to be outings or events. After sharing this new plan with the families, they all agreed to continue. I'm so happy we will not be losing any of our girls this year.
Here is a snapshot of our calendar:
- Bake Sale at our school's Open House
- S'mores Fest
- Tour at Neusole Glassworks
- Home Scientist and Inventor Badge programs for the Brownies at Drake Planetarium
- Drawing Badge for the Juniors with Young Rembrandts
- Family Story Badge and Art Show
- Service Project: Make cards and fill mason jars with candy and paper flowers for Veterans and their families at the Fisher House
- Gardener Badge for Juniors at Civic Garden Center
- Geology Program at the Cincinnati Nature Center
- Service Project: Plant garden at Fisher House
- Bridging Ceremony