Friday, December 9, 2016

Craft: Photo Letters. Great Gifts.

To celebrate Christmas with a good friend, we will meet for pancakes as is our annual tradition.  Though we don't typically exchange gifts, I wanted to show my appreciation for her support this year. Earlier this spring, I made writing a priority, and my friend has encouraged me along the way.  I came across a variety of photo letters on Pinterest, and I thought this would be the perfect accessory for her office.  There are numerous tutorials available online.  I'm not trying to recreate the wheel, but I think this project could be fun for the girls in your troop--as a craft or a gift.

SUPPLIES:
  • paper mache letters ($2.99 at Hobby Lobby)
  • photos*
  • scissors
  • ribbon
  • paint
  • paintbrushes
  • Mod Podge
  • hot glue gun or tacky glue (ribbon)
*Making multiple letters?  Can the same pictures be used?  Save money by printing wallet-sized photos.  Not only will a greater portion of the image fit on the letter, but you get two prints of the picture with your order.
*The number of photos needed depends on the images.  Eight photos fit on the S.

GREAT HOLIDAY OR END-OF-YEAR GIFTS FOR:
Girl Scout Troop Leaders
Girl Scouts*
Teachers
Coaches
Sunday School Teachers

*GIRL SCOUTS
  • Incorporate this project into your Christmas or Winter party. You may need a few extra adult volunteers to help with tracing and piecing the pictures together, but I would have tried this project with our girls when they were Juniors.
  • Choose pictures of troop activities and this would make a cute bridging gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment